1. At the start of each game, the referee will call upon both captains for a coin toss to determine who gets the ball first.
2: Each game will be 18 minutes long with a running clock or the first team to 31 points. The clock will only stop in the event of a timeout.
3. Two-point baskets will be counted as one point. Three-point baskets will be counted as two points.
4. After every made basket, the opposing team will check the ball for play. After every dead ball, the referee will determine who checks the ball.
5. Once the ball is checked, the offensive player can begin play without passing the ball to a teammate.
6. For each jump ball, possession will alternate between teams.
7. On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by dribble or pass across the three-point line before a basket may be attempted. Once across the line, they do not have to pass the ball before shooting.
8. All fouls will be called by the court monitor/referee.
9. In the event of a shooting foul, the offensive player will be given the option to shoot a free throw which will count as one-point or a three-pointer which will count as two points. For non-shooting fouls, the offensive team will check the ball at the top of the key before resuming play. Bonus penalty: After ten fouls are committed by defense, the offensive team will be in the bonus. Player will still have the option to shoot a free throw for one point or a three-pointer for two points.
10. Each team will be allowed two 30-second timeouts.
11. Substitutions will only be allowed after a made basket or a dead ball.
12. In the event of a tie game, at the end of regulation, we will move to sudden death. The two captains will hold another coin toss to determine who receives the ball, next point wins.
13. Coaches are welcome, but not required.
There will be zero tolerance for profanity, fighting, and/or excessive negative behavior from all attendees. May result in ejection and asked to leave the event.